Saturday 31 October 2009

A Study of Alexander




Having begun my appreciation of photography way back before digital cameras appeared, (boy that makes me feel old), I have a real love of black and white images, especially low key and moody! I started out with my dad's old Olympus OM-10 and rolls of HP5 film which I processed and printed in the darkroom. There is no way to describe the magical feeling of seeing the image appear on the paper in the developing tray. These days I do still shoot the odd roll of B&W film although now on an F-80 but like most togs have well and truly converted to digital for all pro work. So here is a study of hubs in good old black and white shot on the D80 and edited in Photoshop. Emmie.




All images copyright Spirit Pictures. Wedding Photographers in Reading, Berkshire.