Thursday 19 August 2010

Andrea & Ben

We've been at a wedding a week this summer, our busiest yet, and having an awesome time at each and every one! Last weekend saw Andrea & Ben tie the knot at Earley St Peters and then party on down at The Wellington Arms afterwards. Now as a wedding photographer I am in quite a privileged position. I am able to observe the entire wedding day from the bride getting ready to the evening's antics. I can move about the proceedings and snap away to my hearts' content. I become a part of the day and yet am detached from it. I am able to select and edit images in order to produce a visual record which fits the utopian expectation of my bride and groom. I weave the pictures together into an album telling the story of a wedding day which will be treasured for generations. It's a sense of achievement to hand over a finished artefact and see the happy couple take pleasure from their photographs. This isn't 'just a job' to me. This is a gift which blesses other people and I treasure each chance to share it. Congratulations to you both and I hope you enjoy your pictures for many years to come. Emmie x.











All images copyright Spirit Pictures. Wedding Photographers in Reading, Berkshire.